Canal Boating with Andersen Boats
BOAT LAYOUTS AND STAR RATINGS
We build each of our boats ourselves, from the sheets of metal and wood up, to ensure that you will experience a boat which is unique, well designed and well built. We pride ourselves on the reputation we have built for the quality of our boats, and the holidays our hirers have on them...
Each of our boats is fitted with
- Shower and fresh water flush toilet
- Refrigerator and cooker on all boats
- Microwaves available on boats with full 240V systems only
- Radiator central heating
- Stereo radio with CD
- Socket for mobile phone, etc. (visitors own 12V car leads required)
- 240V socket rated at 150 watts or full 240V 1500+ watts system
The following is provided at no extra charge
- LCD TV with Freeview and DVD player
- Car parking
- All fuel
- Two sets of waterproofs per boat
- Hair dryer
- Duvets, pillows and bedding
- Cot sides available on request
- Child gates available on request for semi-traditional style boats
- Buoyancy aids available to all crew members, compulsory for 16 years of age and under
THE STAR RATING
All of our boats have been submitted for assessment by an independent inspector and awarded a narrowboat star classification under the BMF VisitEngland scheme. The list below shows the minimum standards required for each Star rating.
- ONE STAR - (not offered by Andersen Boats)
Clean and comfortable with adequate heating and lighting, refrigerator and cooker with oven and grill. Full range of utensils, crockery and cutlery. Hot and cold water supply to all sinks and shower. Chemical toilet. Bed linen (quilts or sleeping bags) provided. B/W TV available.
- TWO STAR - (not offered by Andersen Boats)
As ONE STAR plus minimum berth length 6'2", width upper bunk - 1'8", lower bunk - 2'0", double - 3'9". Pump-out recirculatory or water flush toilet. Fitted radio/cassette/CD player.
- THREE STAR - (not offered by Andersen Boats)
As TWO STAR plus - more spacious boat, minimum centre head room 6'0", spacious toilet and washbasin for 6 or more berths. Radiator or blown warm air central heating. Domestic size cooker. Bedside lights for each berth.
- FOUR STAR
As THREE STAR plus maximum of 2 persons sleeping in any cabin, minimum of two fixed berths, minimum berth - length 6'3", width - single 2'0", double 4'0", continental quilt bedding, fabric upholstery. Engine/gas heated stored hot water system. Toilet, shower and wash basin enclosed in a "bathroom". Water flush toilet, Colour TV available.
Summary of Assessment completed 04/08/2014
A family-run business now with the third generation involved in operating and building their own
hire fleet. The Boatyard is towpath side, in the middle of a series the locks through the small market
town of Middlewich on the Trent & Mersey Canal, and offers a small range of services to passing
Family members lead each area of business operations to deliver a high quality boating experience,
with a smart, very well turned out fleet of narrow boats. A high level of customer service plus
attention to detail in the boat design, presentation and customer care reflects the long experience,
expertise and dedication of the boatyard team. Keen to continue to participate in the external audit
and boat grading processes.
Wych House Lane,
is rated 5 stars by tripadvisor.co.uk based on 334 reviews